14 14 cookies
- 1cup Splenda sugar substitute (I’ve used all Splenda, but usually 1/4 cup Whey Low powdered and 3/4 cup Splenda)
- 1⁄3cup almond milk (regular milk is fine, but stats are with almond or soy) or 1⁄3cup soymilk (regular milk is fine, but stats are with almond or soy)
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2scoops chocolate protein powder (mocha or coffee)
- 1⁄4cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2cups quick oats
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the Splenda, milk, butter, cocoa powder, and salt. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter, protein powder, and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in oats.
- Gently roll (without packing tightly) into golf-ball sizes and drop onto waxed paper. (Or plop down without rolling for a more ‘haystack’ look.) Allow to set up for 15 minutes. Coat with additional cocoa powder, Whey Low Powdered, finely chopped nuts (almond flour works great for this) or leave plain. Store in an airtight container.
- With Agave: 2 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup Agave nectar (spray the measuring cup with PAM for a quick release!), 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, Pinch of salt, 1/4 cup peanut butter,1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 scoops chocolate protein powder, 2 cups quick oats.
- In a medium saucepan bring the butter, agave, almond milk, cocoa powder, and salt to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and whisk in the peanut butter, vanilla, and protein powder. Stir in the oats. Allow to rest for 5 minutes to become less sticky. Roll into balls, or drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Makes 16 protein cookies.