So yesterday we discussed how quickly the weight gain rebound can happen, even after months of strict dieting. It might take 10 weeks to lose 10 pounds, but you could quickly sabotage all those efforts in just 1 bad week of eating.
So what should you do and how should you get back on track?
I have found that instead of creating such a strict diet to follow, it’s sometimes easier to just create a framework of “not to do’s” instead.
By creating this framework of what you cannot do, it provides simple barriers between the body of your dreams and what foods you should avoid to get you to that goal.
When you create a few simple barriers and framework to your daily plan, you avoid most of the triggers and causes of your weight gain in the first place!
But the key is to pick barriers and groundrules that are specific to YOU.
I have yet to have anyone follow these rules and not drop a lot of fat in 21 days. To this day, NO ONE has had to count calories on this type of program because by simply following these “rules”, you eliminate MANY calories without having to feel like you’re starving.
These tips are part of the 21 Day Flat Belly Detox meal plan included in the 21 Day Ab Assault program. You can find the entire plan by clicking here ➡️ www.absandcore.com
1) Eliminate all starches – this includes breads, rice, pasta, crackers, etc., etc.
2) Have 2 servings of fruit per day – one in the morning and another serving right before your workout. If you workout in the morning have your second serving of fruit with lunch or for a mid afternoon snack. Any fruit is ok, but apples and varieties of berries are best.
Remember – keep it at 2 servings at the most!
3) Your primary focus is non-starchy veggies – refer to the list at the bottom of this meal plan (at least 1 serving at each meal you have)
4) Your secondary focus is lean proteins – refer to the list at the bottom of this guide.
Aim for around 70-120 grams of protein per day for ladies, 120-170 grams of protein per day for men (this will help you keep lean muscle while dropping fat)
5) Your third focus is healthy fats – keep it around 3 servings a day. For oils, a serving is 1 TBSP and for nut butter/avocado/nuts, it is 2 TBSP (or 16g of fat).
6) Eat at home whenever possible – if eating away from home order grilled meat w/ veggies (no butter) or salad (w/ oil & vinegar or vinaigrette)
7) No fried foods – it’s only 3 weeks, you’ll be fine 🙂
8) Eliminate any caloric beverages – if necessary 0 calorie drinks are acceptable. If drinking alcohol, limit to vodka or tequilla w/ sugar free mixers only.
So while none of these particular barriers or ground rules seem too invasive or restrictive, combined they provide a perfect template for your perfect body.
Like I explained at last night’s overview, these steps work synergistically together.
1 + 1 doesn’t equal 2. The more of these steps you combine, the more exponential results you’ll see.
So how do you start?
Beginners clients/dieters pick 2 groundrules to commit to.
Advanced clients/dieters pick 4 groundrules to commit to.
But, if you want to start seeing an awesome transformation quickly, start working on implementing all 8 groundrules for the best success!
Don’t get too overwhelmed or feel like you have to start everything at once.
But rather day by day as you feel more comfortable, start to implement more and more of these techniques for your best possible results.
You can do it, I know you can. Remember to ask for help when you need it!
Committed to your fitness success,
Derek Kuryliw, your fitness Yoda 🙂